845-475-8698 Monroe, NY 10950
Senior/Lead Systems Programmer
Senior/Lead Systems Programmer/Engineer focused on solutions for network mainframe, automation, OS software, vendor products and diagnostic tools delivered with time critical precision. Proven skills in software lifecycle management, 24/7 support, problem resolution, change management, disaster recovery engineering and vendor management in the zOS, zVM, IP, EE, SNA, and Web environments.
· Conducted two major zOS release upgrade projects delivered on schedule with NO defects.
· Planned and implemented, as tower lead, 400+ zOS level set software upgrades delivering a 99.75% success.
· Led, planned and/or supported 9 separate data center relocation, consolidation and/or modernization projects.
· Planned and implemented the zVM/zLinux production and QA network environments with 100% success.
· Successfully supported the outsourcing and subsequent in-sourcing of JPMC entire technical team to IBM.
· Supported hundreds of LPAR DR Tests and three real DRs; Houston Flood, Florida hurricane and 9/11 World Trade for which I received JPMC’s Super Star Award
· Identified and documented for 40,000 session manager users by specific applications and business.
· Successful mentored/developed several junior and raw recruits to productive project levels.
· Led technical role converting SNA mainframe connectivity to 98% IP.
· zOS 2.1, JES2/NJE , ACF/VTAM, Enterprise Extender, TCP/IP, TELNET, TN3270E, FTP, SMTP, OMPRoute, VIPA, DNS, OMVS; Netview 5.3/REXX/Pipes; Omegamon/XE/VTAM; MQ Series and CICS, ChangeMan ACF2.
· TSO/E, REXX, CLIST, ISPF/PDF, SDSF, RMF, SMP/E, RACF, JCL/Utilities, IPCS, GTF, CTRACE, BAL , SAS
· zVM 5.4, CMS, VSWITCH, TCP/IP, OMPRoute, RSCS, PVM. zTPF.
· CA NetmasterIP 1.6, TPX, Teleview, CAView, XCOM; Sterling Connect:Direct 4.8(NDM), Secure+; LRS VPS;
· IBM z12, Gigabit OSA Express, FE-OSA, OSA-2, IP/OSPF, InRange VSN/9800, CNT.
· CISCO 7500 router, 5509 Switch, Modems, 3x74 controllers, PCI 276 protocol converter.
Desktop and Internet
· MS W7, XP, MS Office 2007,MS Project, VISIO, Sharepoint, LiveLink
· IBM PComm; Attachmate Extra! X-treme 9.0, Reflections; Netmanage Rumba
· IBMLINK, IGC(Advantis), Google Search and Google Products/Services. Cloud Computing
IBM Corp via CDI Corp, Hopewell Junction NY 2012-2014
Consultant, z/OS Systems Programmer
Provide Technical support, system maintenance, problem determination, root cause analysis, system changes and 24x7 on-call for 100+ external and internal customer LPARs. Training led to IBM Privileged Access, ITAR, and HIPAA certifications. Received Service Excellence Award for emergency implementation of security maintenance over the Christmas Holiday when short staffed.
BOBKET.NET, LLC Monroe New York 2010-2014
Consultant, Systems Professional, Internet Marketing Strategist
· Consulting Internet marketing strategist for local professionals and businesses. 2010-2014
· CITI Bank Corporate IT – Plan, develop and implement automation of zTPF integration testing in a zVM/CMS/PROP environment, to deliver a stable and flexible production emulation. 2010-2011
JP Morgan Chase, New Jersey 2001-2009
Senior Network Systems Engineer, Technical Project Leader
Systems Software Engineer focused on 90+ z/OS production mainframe configuration, standardization, implementation, maintenance and support of network, operation system software, vendor products and disaster recovery.
· Maintained and standardized all mainframe environments to the current software level set for every product rolled out. As the Network Tower Lead, the Lines of Business were provided with change and test plan documentation. Ensured that all products/connections to or between these LPARs were production ready. Supported implementation and post implementation validation.
· Implemented, remediated and supported enterprise wide and external customer file transfer services including FTP, SFTP, Connect:Direct, XCOM, NJE, and RSCS. Implementation included the supporting VTAM and TCPIP definitions, product install and customization and collaboration with security and the infrastructure team.
· Conducted Recovery (DR) Testing with a large multi-discipline team to ensure timely recovery of critical systems.
Technologist, Team focal point:
· Tower Lead, implemented production and QA virtualized RedHat zLinux guest servers running under zVM on a z10 mainframe using VSWITCH with zVM/TCPIP/OMPRoute/CMS and RSCS for technical support.
· Consolidated and upgraded aging technical support documentation into a shared central site, developed, deployed a multitier documentation database.
Technical Project lead:
· Formulated, documented and presented project plan to upgrade zOS’s major release and related vendor products maintenance. As the Network Tower Project Lead, IBM and vendor documentation were researched and analyzed to identify actionable functional changes that were assigned to team members.
· Conducted analysis and developed documentation to identify application usage by line of business for 40,000 users being migrated to a new Session Manager, TPX.
· Conducted SNA Remediation/Local 327x project to eliminate obsolete Communications Controllers.
· Lead a mentoring program to develop junior and raw recruits into productive team members.
IBM – Consulting JP Morgan Chase, New Jersey (2003-2004)
Sr. Systems Management Integration Professional
Senior outsourcing and systems professional primarily assigned to JPMC account, which included the entire mainframe, non-LOB servers, infrastructure and Disaster Recovery environments. JPMC in-sourced their entire corporate IT team.
Insurance Service Office, New Jersey 1996-2001
Lead Network Systems Programmer
Install, implement, configure and 24/7 support of all OS390 Operating System and vendor network software.
Rockland Community College, Suffern, NY Vendor router, Sniffer classes
IBM Netview, VTAM, TCP/IP and CICS classes. Share Technical Conference